Thursday, January 27, 2011

Multicultural Education

I was making an artistic outline for Chapter one in my textbook and as I was reading I was actually really wrapped up in the idea of post civil rights equality, social equality..


It occured to me that most other countries in the world would not even HAVE a program about teaching racial equality and teaching strategies to reach all culture groups. This class is about anti-prejudice and social equality. It's about helping all students succeed to their full potential no matter where they came from or didn't come from. It doesn't matter if they have wealth or just immigrated, no matter if they are English language learners or don't know many of the basic skills that American kids grow up learning like computer technology.


I'm not sure if any other country teaches quite this level of multi cultural acceptance and equality. America is truly the "Melting Pot."

No comments:

Post a Comment